Fasken Martineau cordially invites you to a special presentation by leading securities litigators Irwin Warren and Christopher Garcia, of Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP, New York City.
The speakers will offer practical guidance on how to navigate the often treacherous waters of U.S. securities laws, in light of recent developments. These developments should be on the radar of every lawyer and advisor who counsel management and boards of directors within and outside the United States.
Topics will include:
- Recent developments in the U.S. government's recent assault on insider trading
- Breaking news in the U.S. government's enforcement of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- The changing landscape of private securities class actions, including managing simultaneous U.S./Canadian class actions, and
- Strategies for structuring and documenting transactions to minimize or avoid transactions being subject to claims under U.S. securities laws.
- 7:30 am - 8:00 am Registration & Breakfast
- 8:00 am - 9:00 am Presentation
Note: The hours from this non-accredited seminar may be applied towards the 9 Substantive Hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) required by the Law Society of Upper Canada for Ongoing Members. Please note that this seminar is not accredited for Professionalism Hours and cannot be counted for New Members or for Professionalism Hours for Ongoing Members.
This is an in-person seminar.
This seminar is complimentary.
The event has passed - Registration is closed.
For more information
+1 416 868 3329