Presentations will begin at the times indicated below and will be live in Toronto and via video conference in each of our other offices in Canada. The seminar will be held concurrently at Fasken Martineau offices in Québec City, Montréal, Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver. Comestibles will be available before or after the presentations, as appropriate (see agenda below).
Topics and respective speakers will be:
- Toronto Stock Exchange and TSX Venture Exchange: A Market Update
Presented by Orlee Wertheim, Head, Business Development - Global Mining, Toronto Stock Exchange | TSX Venture Exchange
- Financing and going public activity on Toronto Stock Exchange and TSX Venture Exchange - A review of the first half of 2013
- Flow-through financings and the Canadian capital markets
Presented by Claude Jodoin, Partner, Fasken Martineau
- Overview of recent changes and proposed changes in mining taxation
- Overview of issues relating to the flow-through shares
- Québec mining and income taxation particularities
Presented by Norman Brownstein, B. Eng., CFA, President PearTree Securities
- Hybrid Flow-Through Financings – enabling hard dollar and foreign equity investors to participate in flow-through offerings
- Attracting Capital – deal economics
- Techniques and practice in compliance
- Québec City, Montréal, Ottawa and Toronto:
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm (EDT) Registration and Refreshments
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm (EDT) Presentation and Q&A
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm (EDT) Reception
1:30 pm - 2:00 pm (MDT) Registration and Lunch
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm (MDT) Presentation and Q&A
12:30 pm - 1:00 pm (PDT) Registration and Lunch
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm (PDT) Presentation and Q&A
Note: This 1.5 hour seminar may be applied towards Continuing Professional Development for lawyers in Ontario, Québec and British Columbia. Please note that this seminar is not accredited for Professionalism Hours or New Member CPD Hours in Upper Canada.
This is an in-person seminar and will be presented only in English.
This seminar is complimentary.
The event has passed - Registration is closed.
For more information:
+1 416 868 3511
+1 800 268 8424 ext 3511