Fasken Martineau is pleased to invite you to attend the Environmental, Health and Safety 2013 Year In Review, a full day conference on November 27, 2013.
Topics to be covered include:
- Occupational Health & Safety Law and Environmental Law Update
- Implementing effective EHS Management Systems
- Updates from TSSA, WSIB and MOL
- Norm Keith, Partner, Fasken Martineau
- Michael Beard, President and CEO, Technical Standards and Safety
- John Vander Doelen, Director of Stakeholder and Partner Relations, Ministry of Labour
- Rosalind Cooper, Partner, Fasken Martineau
- Michael Zacks, Director and General Counsel, Office of the Employer Advisor
- John Slinger, Chief Operating Officer, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
- 8:30 am - 9:00 am Breakfast
- 9:00 am - 9:10 am Welcome - Norm Keith and Rosalind Cooper, Partners, Fasken Martineau
- 9:10 am - 9:50 am Occupational Health & Safety Law Update - Norm Keith, Partner, Fasken Martineau
- 9:50 am - 10:30 am Implementing an Effective EHS Management System - Carla Oliver, Consultant, Fasken Martineau
- 10:30 am - 10:40 am Break
- 10:40 am - 11:15 am Workers' Compensation: Update from an Employers Perspective - Michael Zacks, Director and General Counsel, Office of the Employer Adviser
- 11:15 am - 12:20 pm Recent Developments at the TSSA - Michael Beard, President and CEO, Technical Standards and Safety
- 12:20 pm - 1:20 pm Lunch - provided
- 1:20 pm - 1:55 pm Environmental Law Update - Rosalind Cooper, Partner, Fasken Martineau
- 1:55 pm - 2:30 pm Ministry of Labour Update - John Vander Doelen, Director of Stakeholder & Partner Relations, Ministry of Labour
- 2:30 pm - 2:40 pm Break
- 2:40 pm - 3:15 pm WSIB Trends and Direction - John Slinger, COO, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
- 3:15 pm - 3:50 pm Introduction to Corporate Social Responsibility - Claudia Feldkamp, Associate, Fasken Martineau
- 3:50 pm - 4:00 pm Wrap Up - Norm Keith and Rosalind Cooper, Partners, Fasken Martineau
Note: The hours from this non-accredited conference may be applied towards the 9 Substantive Hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) required by the Law Society of Upper Canada for Ongoing Members. Please note that this conference is not accredited for Professionalism Hours and cannot be counted for New Members or for Professionalism Hours for Ongoing Members.
OHS Directors and Risk Managers, HR Managers, In-house Counsel, Health & Safety Committee Members, WSIB Coordinators, and Senior Operations Managers.
This is an in-person conference.
The cost of this conference is $395 plus HST per registrant.
$295 plus HST per registrant if registering two or more people from the same organization.
The event has passed - Registration is closed.
For more information:
+1 416 868 3329