Fasken Martineau’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Law Practice group invites you to attend a complimentary breakfast seminar on the emerging social risks encountered by companies in the extractive sector as they invest globally and the role of CSR in managing those risks.
We are delighted to announce our keynote speaker will be Brent Bergeron, Senior Vice President of CSR and Corporate Affairs with Goldcorp, who will provide his view on the compelling business rationale for CSR.
To introduce the topic and to provide an overview of the risk management and legal context we have Nick Panes, GM from Control Risks, and our own Kevin O’Callaghan, Co-Chair of the CSR Group at Fasken Martineau.
- Brent Bergeron, Senior Vice President, CSR and Corporate Affairs – Goldcorp, will address the practical aspects of the need and rewards for companies to mitigate risk through CSR.
- The Anatomy of Risk Management – Nick Panes General Manager, Mexico – Control Risks.
- Legal Risk, what it means and how to mitigate it – Kevin O’Callaghan , Co-Chair CSR Practice Group, Fasken Martineau.
Moderated by Monica Jimenez.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Accreditation
Lawyers may apply this 1.5 hour seminar credit towards their CPD requirements under the Law Society of British Columbia, the Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario), and le Barreau du Québec. Please note that this seminar is not accredited for Professionalism Hours or New Member CPD Hours in Ontario.
- 7:30 am - 8:00 am | Registration and Breakfast
- 8:00 am - 9:30 am | Seminar Presentation
This is an in-person seminar. For those who are unable to attend, please visit Fasken Martineau’s Corporate Social Responsibility webpage at a later date to view a video recording of the seminar.
This seminar is complimentary by invitation only – RSVP is required.
Registration is closed - this event has passed.
For more information:
Marketing Events Coordinator
+1 604 631 3296