Register for our other Fasken Martineau at the PDAC seminars.
Short - Cogent - Practical
In anticipation of PDAC 2014 in Toronto, Fasken Martineau's Global Mining Group invites you to join us in any of our Canadian offices for our 4th annual PDAC Primer, designed to prime you on topics relevant to your discussions at PDAC. Presentations will continue the format of previous years - short (minimum one and maximum three specific takeaways).
The Primer will be presented by Fasken Martineau lawyers speaking live and via video conference from each of our offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Québec City, London, Paris and Johannesburg. Presentations will begin at the times indicated in the agendas below. Comestibles will be available before or after the presentations, as indicated.
The Primer is free of charge and presented in English only.
Topics and speakers will be:
- Tips regarding confidentiality agreements
Sarah Gingrich - Calgary
- The three most significant 2013 tax developments for Canadian miners
Michael Coburn - Vancouver
- Recent developments on mining royalties in the Province of Québec
Frank Mariage - Montréal
- Directors' liabilities in the zone of insolvency
Stuart Brotman - Toronto
- The new governance of natural resources in Africa
Lubomir Roglev – Paris
- Risks in commodity hedging
Elizabeth Uwaifo – London
Lata Casciano – Vancouver
Josh Lewis – Vancouver
- Tools to manage risk and increased surveillance under Canadian anti-bribery and corruption laws
Clifford Sosnow – Ottawa
- Employment and productivity issues in South Africa
Ludwig Frahm-Arp – Johannesburg
- Exploration Permits in Ontario – one year later
Tracy Pratt – Toronto
- Permitting and social acceptability in the Province of Québec
Jean M. Gagné – Québec City
- Why you might care that Canada ratified the ICSID Convention
Tina Cicchetti – Vancouver
- Québec City, Montréal, Ottawa and Toronto:
11:30 am - 12:00 pm EST Registration and Lunch
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EST Presentation and Q&A
9:30 am - 10:00 am MST Registration and Breakfast
10:00 am - 11:00 am MST Presentation and Q&A
8:30 am - 9:00 am PST Registration and Breakfast
9:00 am - 10:00 am PST Presentation and Q&A
Note: This 1.0 hour seminar may be applied towards Continuing Professional Development for lawyers in Ontario, Québec and British Columbia. Please note that this seminar is not accredited for Professionalism Hours or New Member CPD Hours in Upper Canada.
This seminar is complimentary.
The event has passed - Registration is closed.
For more information:
+1 416 868 3511
+1 800 268 8424 ext 3511