Register for our other Fasken Martineau at the PDAC seminars.
In an interactive panel discussion, these panelists will discuss some of the opportunities and challenges facing the South African Mining Industry. The discussion will include the recent developments relating to the industry, including the applicable legislation, recent labour issues in the industry, the labour related issues’ impact on mining, community engagement matters, developments in Black Economic Empowerment, and the relationship between Canada and South Africa in mining. The broad discussion will highlight how South Africa’s mining industry is currently progressing.
Please join us for a panel discussion and presentations by:
- Moderator: Michael Bourassa, Partner, Fasken Martineau
- The Honourable Susan Shabangu, Minister of the Department of Mineral Resources-(mining legislation developments in South Africa)
- His Excellency MMS Mdladlana, South African High Commissioner to Canada-(the importance of Canada's and South Africa's relationship in the mining sector)
- Melanie Hart, Partner, Fasken Martineau Johannesburg-(recent labour issues in the mining sector)
- Lucas Moalusi, Partner, Fasken Martineau (Johannesburg- an update on Black Economic Empowerment and community engagement issues)
- 3:30 pm - 4:00 pm - Registration
- 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm - Presentations
- 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm - Panel Q&A
- 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm - Networking Cocktail Reception
Note: The hours from seminars held at Fasken Martineau offices may be applied towards Continuing Professional Development for lawyers in Ontario, Québec and British Columbia. Please note that these seminars are not accredited for Professionalism Hours or New Member CPD Hours in Ontario.
The event has passed - Registration is closed.
For more information:
+1 416 868 3511