Register for our other Fasken Martineau at the PDAC seminars.
Canadian governments and regulatory bodies are facing heightened pressure to enforce criminal and regulatory laws. Among these laws is Canada’s Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act (Canada’s equivalent of the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the U.K. Bribery Act 2010) and Bill C-45 (Canada’s criminal workplace negligence legislation). Criminal and regulatory investigations and charges can have a severe impact upon mining companies, their executives, employees and shareholder value. Mining companies of all types must keep a vigilant eye on both detecting these criminal and regulatory issues and effectively responding to investigations.
Fasken Martineau invites you to attend an interactive seminar on white collar crime in Canada prepared specifically for mining companies. Topics that will be discussed include:
- An overview of Canada’s anti-corruption and criminal workplace negligence legislation
- Acts that are (and are not) captured by anti-corruption legislation in each of Canada, the US. and the U.K.
- Detecting problems before the authorities do
- Managing internal investigations
- Understanding your obligations when the regulators arrive and best practices
- Antonio Di Domenico, Partner, Fasken Martineau
- Norm Keith, Partner, Fasken Martineau
- Neal J. Smitheman, Partner, Fasken Martineau
- 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm - Registration and Lunch
- 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm - Presentation and Discussion
Note: The hours from seminars held at Fasken Martineau offices may be applied towards Continuing Professional Development for lawyers in Ontario, Québec and British Columbia. Please note that these seminars are not accredited for Professionalism Hours or New Member CPD Hours in Ontario.
The event has passed - Registration is closed.
For more information:
+1 416 868 3329