The Labour, Employment & Human Rights practice group cordially invite you to the 29th Fasken Forum – Labour, Employment, Human Rights, Pensions & Benefits Conference, one of Fasken Martineau’s most exciting events of the year. The Conference will be held at the Toronto Board of Trade on Friday, April 25, 2014.
As in previous years, the Conference will bring together the in-house counsel, human resources and labour relations community from private and public sector organizations across Ontario. We are pleased to offer a content-rich and well-rounded program for professional development, networking opportunities and meaningful discussion.
In addition to reviewing the year’s most important legal developments, the Conference will offer cutting edge insights into a wide range of important issues, including mental health in the workplace, aging workforce, and international labour law developments. For the afternoon breakout sessions, you will be able to select the two topics that interest you the most (it will be hard to choose!).
Follow the “Register” link on the left sidebar to register and pay.
We look forward to seeing you at the Conference.
- 8:30 am – 8:55 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:55 am – 9:00 am Welcome and Introductory Remarks
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm Presentations
1. The Year in Review: A Look at Trend Setting Cases, Legislation and Politics
2. Pension News: A Primer on Benefit Reduction
3. Global Developments Washed Ashore
4. Managing an Aging Workforce
5. Achieving and Maintaining Pay Equity
6. Mental Health in the Workplace: Challenges & Effective Strategies
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Luncheon
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm Breakout Session #1
- 2:15 pm – 3:15 pm Breakout Session #2
Breakout Session Topic Selection (Choice of Two)
A. Conducting Effective Workplace Investigations
B. Reducing Workers’ Compensation Expenses
C. Developments in Union Organizing Tactics
D. Avoiding Pitfalls During the Hiring Process
- 3:15 pm – 3:45 pm Discussion & Questions
Note: By attending this one-day conference, corporate counsel in Ontario can achieve up to 4.5 hours of education that may be applied towards 9 Substantive Hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) required by the Law Society of Upper Canada for Ongoing Members. Please note that these seminars are not accredited for Professionalism Hours and cannot be counted for New Members or for Professionalism Hours for Ongoing Members.
The conference fee is as follows:
$175.00 per registrant, or $395.00 per organization up to 3 registrants (HST is additional)
Participants will receive a comprehensive set of conference materials prepared by our speakers. These materials will provide you with an excellent reference source.
The event has passed - Registration is closed.
For more information:
+1 416 868 3511