The laws that regulate lobbying at all levels of government in Canada are rapidly evolving, and enforcement has increased.
Think these laws only apply to professional lobbyists? In fact, employees of corporations and organizations that communicate with government officials are also subject to lobbying laws. In many cases, responsibility for compliance falls on the corporate CEO.
This exclusive seminar, led by the country's leading legal expert on the regulation of lobbying, Guy Giorno, provides an in-depth update of new developments in lobbying law across all Canadian jurisdictions. It is the place to learn how these changes will affect your business or organization.
Topics to be covered:
- Ontario Bill 179 and its proposed changes to the Lobbyists Registration Act (Ontario)
- New developments in laws that regulate lobbying of federal, provincial and municipal governments
- Developments and trends in enforcement and penalties
- Best practices for compliance: Staying on the right side of the law
- Statutory amendments across all jurisdictions
- Political activity by lobbyists and the development of “pay-to-play” rules in Canada
- Recently completed federal Lobbyists’ Code of Conduct consultation
- New lobbying laws introduced in Saskatchewan and New Brunswick
Who should attend:
- Business leaders
- Government relations executives and managers
- In-house counsel
- Staff and directors of non-profit associations
- Public affairs consultants
What people are saying:
Click to read what people say about Guy Giorno and previous Fasken Martineau Lobbying Law Seminars
A CDN $430 (+HST) seminar fee entitles participants to breakfast or lunch and the following:
Fasken Martineau is pleased to offer its clients a 10% discount off the cost of this seminar. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details prior to registering.
- A detailed presentation led by Canada's leading legal expert on the regulation of lobbying, Guy Giorno
- Exclusive materials that cover all Canadian jurisdictions
- In-depth question and answer session
As an alternative to our public seminars, we also provide custom in-house training for companies and organizations. Exclusive seminar and materials tailored to your needs. Unlimited number of participants. Discussion in a confidential forum. Permission to record the live presentation for your future use. Fee: $7,500 (+HST). Contact Guy Giorno for more information.
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am Breakfast and Registration
- 8:30 am - 11:30 am Seminar with Q&A
- 11:30 - 12:00 pm One-on-one follow up with presenters (optional)
Note: The hours from this non-accredited seminar can be applied towards the 9 Substantive hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) required by the Law Society of Upper Canada.
Please register for this event by April 8, 2014.