The basic rules for transfer pricing are not fully understood by many taxpayers doing business in Canada, which leaves them exposed to potential reassessments and transfer pricing penalties. With this in mind, Fasken Martineau and BDO Canada are proud to present an informative seminar which will highlight how companies with international operations can find opportunities to optimize profits, increase cash flows, moderate taxes and avoid the risk of incurring costly penalties for non-compliance by understanding and following transfer pricing rules.
Topics and speakers include:
The session will be moderated by David Fox, Tax Partner, Fasken Martineau
Managing Transfer Pricing – Practical Advice
Dan McGeown, National Transfer Pricing Practice Leader, BDO Canada
Therese Garcia, Transfer Pricing Senior Manager, BDO Canada
- Why is Transfer Pricing Important?
- Transfer Pricing Process and Project Management
- Risk Mitigation & Financial Benefits
- Risk Identification
- What to Expect in the Event of an Audit and the CRA’s Perspective
- Proactive Solutions
Recent Developments and Update on Appeals, Competent Authority and Transfer Pricing Jurisprudence - Important Lessons
Kathleen Hanly, Toronto Tax Group Leader, Fasken Martineau
Christopher Steeves, Global Tax Group Leader, Fasken Martineau
- Dealing with Appeals, Competent Authority and Transfer Pricing Review Committee
- Seeking Interest Relief under Fairness Provisions
- Highlights from Recent Court Cases – What Have We Learned?
- Importance of Documenting Intercompany Agreements
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am Breakfast and networking
- 8:30 am - 10:00 am Presentation and Q&A
Note: The hours from this non-accredited seminar may be applied towards the 9 Substantive Hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) required by the Law Society of Upper Canada for Ongoing Members. Please note that this seminar is not accredited for Professionalism Hours and cannot be counted for New Members or for Professionalism Hours for Ongoing Members.
This is an in-person seminar.
This seminar is complimentary.
Please RSVP by May 20, 2014 by clicking the link on the left sidebar.
For more information:
Fasken Martineau Marketing Manager
+1 416 865 5147
BDO Marketing Manager
We look forward to seeing you there.