Fasken Martineau's Labour, Employment & Human Rights group invites you to attend its Blockbuster Annual Update on Labour, Employment, Human Rights & Privacy Law 2014 on Wednesday, October 1, 2014.
You will not want to miss this complimentary half-day morning seminar. Our seminar will provide up-to-the-minute information that will be equally valuable to both line management and human resource practitioners. Guests will receive updates on recent trends, issues and case law related to employment, labour, human rights and privacy law.
Our lawyers will discuss and provide updates on:
- Update on Section 5.1 of the Workers’ Compensation Act – Bill Duvall
- Human Rights: New Federal Court of Appeal Family Status Update and General Human Rights Update – David G. Wong
- The Law of Restrictive Covenants – Lindsey Taylor & Monique Orieux
- The New Supreme Court of Canada Employment Test: Employee v. Independent Contractor – David McDonald & Keri Bennett
- The Charter of Rights and the Workplace: Evolution of the Supreme Court of Canada – John Craig, Fasken Martineau Toronto
- Right to Medical Information: Doctors as Advocates and Doctors as Experts – Bruce Grist
- Notable Cases and Weird Fact Patterns – Chuck Harrison
- 7:30 am – 8:00 am | Registration, Networking & Continental Breakfast
- 8:00 am – 12:00 pm | Seminar Presentations
Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) Accreditation
This update may be eligible for CHRP credit from the British Columbia Human Resources Management Association (BCHRMA). Eligibility is dependent on how participants log the event in their log book and how they relate the event to their Required Professional Capabilities (RPC).
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Accreditation
This seminar has been accredited by the Law Society of British Columbia for 3.50 CPD credits.
This is an in-person event.
This seminar is complimentary.
This event has passed. Registration is closed.
For more information:
Marketing Events Coordinator
+1 604 631 3296