More changes to the laws that regulate lobbying of all levels of government in Canada coupled with increased enforcement mean greater compliance risk. Is your company or organization compliance ready?
Lobbying laws concern not just professional lobbyists. Employees of corporations and organizations that communicate with government officials are also subject to lobbying laws. In many cases, responsibility for compliance falls on the corporate CEO.
This exclusive seminar, led by the country's leading legal expert on the regulation of lobbying, Guy Giorno, provides an in-depth update of new developments in lobbying law across all Canadian jurisdictions. It is the place to learn how recent developments will affect your business or organization.
Topics to be covered:
- Bill 8; which changed Ontario's Lobbyists Registration Act
- Proposed revisions to the federal Lobbyists Code of Conduct
- Proposed changes to the federal Lobbying Act
- Alberta's Accountability Act; including amendments to the Lobbyists Act
- Municipal lobbyist registries: the latest developments
- Entertainment, hospitality and gifts to public officials: What are the rules?
- Lobbying law and government procurement
- Trends in enforcement and penalites
- Best practices for compliance: Staying on the right side of the law
- Updates across all jurisdictions
Who should attend:
- Business Leaders
- Government relations executives and managers
- In-house counsel
- Staff and directors of non-profit associations
- Public affairs consultants
What People are saying:
Click to read what people say about Guy Giorno and previous Fasken Martineau Lobbying Law Seminars.
The cost of this seminar is $450 plus HST per registrant. An invoice will be sent via email upon completion of registration.
Participants will receive breakfast and the following:
- A detailed presentation led by Canada's leading legal expert on the regulation of lobbying, Guy Girono
- Exclusive materials that cover all Canadian jurisdictions
- In-depth question and answer session
Fasken Martineau is pleased to offer its clients a 10% discount off the cost of this seminar. Contact email@example.com for further details prior to registering.
- 8:30 am - Breakfast and Registration
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm Seminar with Q&A
- 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm One-on-one follow up with presenters (optional)
Note: The hours from this non-accredited seminar may be applied towards the 9 Substantive Hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) required by the Law Society of Upper Canada for Ongoing Members. Please note that this seminar is not accredited for Professionalism Hours and cannot be counted for New Members or for Professionalism Hours for Ongoing Members.
As an alternative to our public seminars, we also provude custom in-house training for companies and organizations. Exclusive seminar and materials tailored to your needs. Unlimited number of participants. Discussion in a confidental forum. Permission to record the live presenation for your future use. Fee: $7,900 plus HST. Contact Guy Girono, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Please RSVP by February 5, 2015, by filling in the form below.
For more information:
+1 416 868 3329