Many Vancouver companies have great technology and seek investors from the Silicon Valley to fuel their growth. Fasken Martineau’s Private Equity and Venture Capital group and Perkins Coie’s Venture Capital practice are pleased to present a complimentary and informative seminar which will provide great opportunities to learn from our expert panel on how you can tap into the US market, and Silicon Valley in particular!
As a session attendee you will have the opportunity to learn about:
- what early stage investors (incubators and angels) and VC investors look for and how to improve your company’s profile to secure that investment.
- what operational challenges you face when coming to the US and ultimately how to get your business financed.
- how terms and processes in the US differ from those in Canada and how to prepare for those.
- Jeff Tannenbaum, Principal, Blue Run Ventures, one of the leading VCs in Silicon Valley and an investor in a number of Vancouver companies.
- Keith Teare, Founder, Archimedes Labs, one of the leading mobile incubators in Silicon Valley and frequently an incubator to foreign companies.
- Boris Wertz, Founding Partner, Version One Ventures, one of the top tech early-stage investors in North America, an investor in many seed stage companies in Canada and the US.
- Lior Zorea, Partner, Perkins Coie, one of the leading law firms in Silicon Valley serving the start-up community.
- Shahrooz Nabavi, Partner, Fasken Martineau, a leading law firm in Vancouver serving the start-up community.
- 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm | Registration and networking
- 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm | Panel Discussion
- 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm | Cocktail Reception
*Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Accreditation
Lawyers may apply this 1.5 hour seminar credit towards their CPD requirements in British Columbia.
Register by Monday, April 20, 2015.