Fasken Martineau's Labour, Employment & Human Rights and Privacy & Information Protection groups invites you to attend its Blockbuster Annual Update on Labour, Employment, Human Rights & Privacy Law 2015 on Thursday, October 8, 2015.
You will not want to miss this complimentary half-day morning seminar. Our seminar will provide up-to-the-minute information that will be equally valuable to both line management and human resource practitioners. Guests will receive updates on recent trends, issues and case law related to employment, labour, human rights and privacy law.
Our lawyers will discuss and provide updates on:
- What Employers Need to Know About Pensions in the Next Five Years – Guest Speaker: Laura Samaroo – Managing Consultant for Towers Watson Vancouver
- How Frustrating: Navigating the Law of Excessive Absenteeism - David G. Wong, Jacqueline Gant
- Bullying and Harassment Investigations: Tips and Traps - Lorene Novakowski
- WorkSafeBC’s New Investigation Mandate - Andrew Nathanson
- Shifting Sands: Update on Recent Changes to Employment Immigration Policies and Procedures - Cindy Switzer
- The New Employment Law Landscape from the Supreme Court of Canada - Stephanie Gutierrez
- Recent Cases of Note and Interesting Results - Chuck Harrison
- Employing Staff in the UK: Legal Issues and Considerations - Guest Speaker: Rebecca Johns - Fasken Martineau London
- 7:30 am – 8:00 am | Registration, Networking & Continental Breakfast
- 8:00 am – 12:00 pm | Seminar Presentations
Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) Accreditation
This update may be eligible for CHRP credit from the British Columbia Human Resources Management Association (BCHRMA). Eligibility is dependent on how participants log the event in their log book and how they relate the event to their Required Professional Capabilities (RPC).
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Accreditation
This seminar has been accredited by the Law Society of British Columbia for 3.5 CPD credits.
This is an in-person event.
This seminar is complimentary.