In-person attendance available in Toronto only.
Cybersecurity and data breaches now rank among the top issues facing organizations in Canada. Breaches affecting employees and consumers alike frequently lead to staggering response costs, regulatory investigations, litigation and liability, as well as adverse reputational impacts, lost business and a significant hit to the bottom line. A recent study by Ponemon Institute pegged the average total cost of a data breach in Canada at $5.32 million. This practical session geared specifically for corporate counsel will cover:
- PIPEDA’s new breach notification and record keeping requirements
- Update regarding the latest cases, trends and legal risks
- Practical legal risk management and hot spots
- Navigating key privilege issues
- Top issues to watch, including director and officer liability
- 4:00 pm - 4:30 pm Registration
- 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm Presentation and Q&A
- 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm Networking Reception
Videotaping Policy: During this event, Fasken Martineau will be videotaping and broadcasting to a live audience. You may be filmed as part of the audience and seen on screen and in the archived footage.
This seminar is available in-person in Toronto only and also via webinar for Toronto and/or out-of-town attendees.
This program contains 0.5 Professionalism Hours.
This seminar is complimentary
The CCCA is managing the registration for this seminar. Please click the appropriate link below:
For more information:
+1 416 868 3329