In-person attendance available in Toronto only.
Courts, arbitrators and tribunals have set a very high bar for what constitutes cause. This has left managers, human resource professionals and legal professionals asking the question: can employers ever successfully terminate for cause?
In this seminar employers will learn that yes, they can terminate for cause in numerous circumstances, provided strategies are in place to gather evidence and effectively communicate the termination.
Topics for discussion will include:
- Most Common Grounds for “Just Cause”;
- Terminating for Conduct Outside the Workplace;
- Performance Management;
- Employers' Duty to Warn;
- Investigating and Documenting Employee Misconduct;
- Special Considerations for Unionized Employers; and
- Communicating Just Cause Terminations.
- 8:00 am – 8:30 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:30 am – 10:00 am Presentation and Q&A