More changes to Canadian lobbying laws – federal, provincial and municipal – together with increased enforcement mean greater compliance risk for your company or organization. Are you compliance ready?
Lobbying laws affect more than professional lobbyists. Employees of corporations and organizations that communicate with government officials are also subject to lobbying laws. In many cases, responsibility for compliance falls on the corporate CEO.
This exclusive seminar, led by the country's leading legal expert on the regulation of lobbying, Guy Giorno, provides an in-depth update of new developments in lobbying law across all Canadian jurisdictions. This is the place to learn how recent developments will affect your business or organization.
Topics to be covered
- The new federal Lobbyists’ Code of Conduct
- Case law update
- Entertainment, hospitality and gifts to public officials: What are the rules?
- Bill 8; which is changing Ontario's Lobbyists Registration Act
- Proposed changes to Quebec’s lobbying legislation
- Municipal lobbyist registries: the latest developments
- Protect yourself: Responding to investigations and enforcement action
- Trends in enforcement and penalties (plus: which jurisdictions enforce most aggressively?)
- Lobbying law and government procurement
- Best practices for compliance: Staying on the right side of the law
- Updates across all jurisdictions
Who should attend
- Business leaders
- Government relations executives and managers
- In-house counsel
- Staff and directors of non-profit associations
- Public affairs consultants
What People are saying
Click to read what people say about Guy Giorno and previous Fasken Martineau Lobbying Law Seminars.
The cost of this seminar is $480 plus HST per registrant. An invoice will be sent via email upon completion of registration.
Participants will receive breakfast and the following:
- A detailed presentation led by Canada's leading legal expert on the regulation of lobbying, Guy Giorno
- Exclusive materials that cover all Canadian jurisdictions
- In-depth question and answer session
Fasken Martineau is pleased to offer its clients a 10% discount off the cost of this seminar. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details prior to registering.
- 8:30 am 9:00 am Breakfast and Registration
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm Seminar with Q&A
- 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm One-on-one follow up with presenters (optional)
Note: The hours from this non-accredited seminar may be applied towards the 9 Substantive Hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) required by the Law Society of Upper Canada.
As an alternative to our public seminars, we also provide custom in-house training for companies and organizations. Exclusive seminar and materials tailored to your needs. Unlimited number of participants. Discussion in a confidential forum. Permission to record the live presentation for your future use. Fee: $7,995 plus HST. Contact Guy Giorno, email@example.com, for more information.
Please RSVP by March 25, 2016, by filling in the form below.
For more information
+1 416 868 3329