Fasken Martineau is pleased to invite you to this training that will address the powers of inspection and investigation under the various laws applicable in Quebec.
Québec legislature has indeed invested several public and quasi-public bodies with powers of inspection and investigation among which, for example, the Commission de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CSST) (now the Commission des normes, de l'équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST)), the ministère de l'Environnement or the Autorité des marchés financiers.
Within this context, our speakers will address the following topics:
- Differences between inspection and investigation
- Scope and limits of these powers
- The attitude to adopt: cooperate or challenge
- Using the information collected during an inspection in the context of penal or criminal proceedings against your company
- Interests and opposing principles, blurring the line between collaboration and protection against self-incrimination.
Speakers will examine the principles applicable in this area and apply them mainly to the specific contexts of health and safety at work, environmental protection and investment in the financial sector.
Do not miss our next training which will be held March 16, 2016: Handling cyber security risks: improved prevention and response.