In response to the high demand, and to allow more people to participate, Fasken Martineau is organizing a second seminar on construction law in Québec.
We are pleased to invite you to this event, dedicated exclusively to the construction industry. Speakers will address the following topics:
How to ensure having a satisfactory baseline schedule: legal and practical aspects
- When should the schedule be required?
- Challenges in obtaining a satisfactory schedule and contractual provisions to anticipate.
- Changes to the contract and to the schedule: the impact of changes on the schedule, the consequences of multiple changes, and when to claim the resulting costs
- The Courts' position: a clearer perspective
Speakers: Nancy Demers and Jean Paradis, engineer specialized in construction schedules
2015 Case Law Review
Key 2015 decisions in Construction Law on various topics, including:
- Construction legal hypothecs
- Claims for delays, deficiencies, etc.
- An Act Respecting Contracting By Public Bodies
- Duty of disclosure
- Loss of work
Speakers: Annie Bernard, Mathieu Comeau, Nikolas Blanchette and Louis Carrière
The Project Manager's duty with regard to Occupational Health and Safety
- Definition of the Project Manager
- Definition of the construction site
- Residual liability of the Project Owner
- Obligations of the Project Manager
- Recent case law
Speakers: Yves Turgeon and Alexandra Meunier