When an OHS Inspector/Officer arrives at the workplace, many employers and their managers do not know what their rights are. This seminar was designed specifically at the request of clients to understand their rights and responsibilities when an OHS Inspector/Officer arrives for a routine inspection, workplace complaint, work refusal, or an accident investigation. The rights and responsibilities of employers and management when an OHS Inspector/ Officer arrives in this half-day seminar will include:
- Review of OHS Inspector / Officer's legal authority
- Understanding reporting obligations when there is a workplace accident or fatality
- Charter rights to be free from unreasonable search seizure
- Charter right to retain and instruct legal counsel
- OHS Inspector / Officer's power to issue orders
- Employer's right to appeal OHS Inspector / Officer's orders
- 8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration and Breakfast
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm Program
Videotaping Policy: During this event, Fasken Martineau will be videotaping and broadcasting to a live audience. You may be filmed as part of the audience and seen on screen and in the archived footage.
Note: The hours from this non-accredited seminar may be applied towards the 9 Substantive Hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) required by the Law Society of Upper Canada for Ongoing Members. Please note that this seminar is not accredited for Professionalism Hours and cannot be counted for New Members or for Professionalism Hours for Ongoing Members.
Managers, supervisors, OHS professionals in-house legal counsel and business owners.
You can participate in this seminar on-line via webinar, or by attending in-person at our office in Toronto.
The cost of this seminar is $195 plus HST per registrant for in-person attendance or webinar attendance.
For more information
+1 416 943 8976