Fasken Martineau's Labour, Employment & Human Rights and Privacy groups invite you to attend their Blockbuster Annual Update on Labour, Employment, Human Rights & Privacy Law 2016 on Thursday, October 6, 2016.
You will not want to miss this complimentary half-day morning seminar. Our seminar will provide updates on recent trends, issues and case law related to employment, labour, human rights and privacy law. Guests will receive up-to-the-minute information that will be equally valuable to both line management and human resource practitioners.
Special guest Drew McArthur, Acting Commissioner, will provide an update from the Office of the Information & Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia.
Our lawyers will discuss and provide updates on:
- Obtaining Employee Medical Information And Monitoring Employee Absences - Clayton Jones and Cory Sully
- Medical Marijuana Update - Monique G.O. Ronning
- Human Rights Update - David G. Wong
- Immigration Update - Cindy Switzer
- Privacy Law Update - Lorene A. Novakowski and Keri L. Bennett
- Occupational Health And Safety Update With A Focus On Mental Stress Claims - Kevin P. O'Neill Q.C.
- Social Media In The Workplace And Third Party Social Media - Gavin Cameron and Jacqueline Gant
- 7:30 am – 8:00 am | Registration, Networking & Continental Breakfast
- 8:00 am – 12:00 pm | Seminar Presentations
Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) Accreditation
This update may be eligible for CHRP credit from the British Columbia Human Resources Management Association (BCHRMA). Eligibility is dependent on how participants log the event in their log book and how they relate the event to their Required Professional Capabilities (RPC).
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Accreditation
This seminar has been accredited by the Law Society of British Columbia for 3.50 CPD credits.
This is an in-person event.
This seminar is complimentary.
For Event Information
CRM Database Coordinator
+1 604 631 3117