One of the positive consequences which can result from a company maturing its outsourcing strategy is the creation of a Vendor Management Office (“VMO”), using the discipline and processes learned from outsourcing as its foundation. Join Innes Dey (Senior Vice President & Chief Strategy Officer, Economical Insurance) and John Alexis (Director, Information Technology Services, GTAA) as they provide an overview of the key steps and lessons learned in developing a VMO. The session will include recommendations regarding:
- Establishing VMO objectives - Laying a foundation for future reporting, measuring progress/maturity and impact
- Building a governance framework – Creating a playbook with processes and RACI’s
- Getting your house in order – Implementing resources, contract consolidation, and vendor categorization
- Implementation of a VM Solution – Building a centralized location for all activities, information and artifacts
- Lessons learned – Key takeaways in moving from transition-in to steady state
This session will be moderated by John Beardwood, Chair of Canadian Chapter of IAOP
IAOP is the association that brings together customers, providers, and advisors in a collaborative, knowledge-based environment that promotes professional and organizational development, recognition, certification and excellence to improve business service models and outcomes. The co-chairs of the Canadian Chapter are John Beardwood (Fasken Martineau), Ron Babin (Ryerson University), Jill Renaud (Economical Insurance), David Hornett (IBM Canada), John Alexis (Greater Toronto Airports Authority), and Janet Spreitzer (Manulife Financial).
Note: The hours from this non-accredited seminar may be applied towards the 9 Substantive Hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) required by the Law Society of Upper Canada for Ongoing Members. Please note that this seminar is not accredited for Professionalism Hours and cannot be counted for New Members or for Professionalism Hours for Ongoing Members.
- 8:00 am – 8:30 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:30 am – 10:00 am Presentation and Q&A
This seminar is complimentary
Please RSVP by filling in the form below
For more information:
+1 416 868 3511