Fasken’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution Group is pleased to invite you to this seminar.
During the seminar, the Honourable Jean-Louis Baudouin, Professor Patrice Deslauriers and Me Nikolas Blanchette will discuss last year’s most relevant decisions regarding civil liability and injury.
The issues to be addressed by the speakers include the following:
- Proof of causation and presumptions of fact in light of the Supreme Court of Canada’s decision in Benhaim v. St-Germain;
- Civil liability and hockey: collective fault after a riot and assessing injury following a check from behind;
- Should manufacturers be held liable for safety defects caused by a component manufactured by another company?;
- Can a financial crisis be considered a superior force, capable of exempting a mutual fund dealer who breached an ethical duty from liability?;
- Barking dogs: coexistence of extracontractual liability and no-fault liability for neighbourhood disturbances;
- Defamation : Fault and assessing moral and punitive damages;
- Quantum of punitive damages following an abuse of authority by a public body.
This training session is an invitation only event. For all queries, please contact Virginie Razungles at 514 397 5182 or email@example.com.
Don't miss our next training session on February 22, 2017: Trade-mark Examination