Setting restrictions on what an employee can do after termination of employment is vital for protecting your organization’s interests. In this seminar, we will review the options available to organizations and the challenges faced when relying on and enforcing those options.
In this session we will:
- Review the different types of restrictive covenants available to employers, namely, non-solicitation, non-competition, and confidentiality;
- Consider the circumstances where an employer would include these restrictive covenants;
- Examine recent guidance from the courts on the enforceability of restrictive covenants; and
- Discuss best practices in drafting restrictive covenants.
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:30 am - 10:00 am Seminar and Q&A
Note: The hours from this non-accredited seminar may be applied towards the 9 Substantive Hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) required by the Law Society of Upper Canada for Ongoing Members. Please note that this seminar is not accredited for Professionalism Hours and cannot be counted for New Members or for Professionalism Hours for Ongoing Members.
Videotaping Policy: During this event, Fasken Martineau will be videotaping and broadcasting to a live audience. You may be filmed as part of the audience and seen on screen and in the archived footage.
For more information
+1 416 868 3329