The trend continues towards increased enforcement of anti-corruption laws in Canada and the United States. The risks to Canadian and US companies operating in certain regions in industries susceptible to bribery and corruption around the world is serious.
This half day seminar will bring together pre-eminent Canadian and American legal experts from Fasken Martineau and Hogan Lovells. They will discuss Canadian, US and international anti-corruption laws, enforcement trends and compliance strategies
Note: The hours from this non-accredited seminar may be applied towards the 9 Substantive Hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) required by the Law Society of Upper Canada for Ongoing Members. Please note that this seminar is not accredited for Professionalism Hours and cannot be counted for New Members or for Professionalism Hours for Ongoing Members.
- 8:15 am – 8:45 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:45 am – 8:50 am Welcome & Introduction
- 8:50 am – 9:30 am Update and Recent Enforcement Activity Under the Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act
Norm Keith, Partner, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin, Toronto
- 9:30 pm – 10:15 am Update and Recent Enforcement Activity Under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
James G. McGovern, Partner, Hogan Lovells, New York
- 10:15 am – 10:30 am Q&A on Anti-Corruption Enforcement Trends North America
- 10:30 am – 10:45 am Coffee Break
- 10:45 am – 11:15 am Extractive Sector Risks: Canadian and US Legal Update
Peter N. Mantas, Partner, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin, Ottawa
- 11:15 am – 12:00 pm International Enforcement of Anti-Bribery and Corruption Laws: A US Perspective
Peter S. Spivack, Partner, Hogan Lovells, Washington D.C.
Oliver J. Armas, Office Managing Partner, Hogan Lovells, New York
- 12:00 pm – 12:45 pm Panel Discussion on Compliance Best Practices, Investigation Techniques and Resolution Strategies for Canadian and US Businesses
If you are interested in learning more about anti-corruption law and compliance, a copy of the “Canadian Anti-Corruption Law and Compliance, 2nd Edition” written by Norm Keith can be purchased here.
For more information:
+1 416 868 3511