Fasken Martineau's Labour, Employment & Human Rights and Privacy groups invite you to attend their Blockbuster Annual Update on Labour, Employment, Human Rights & Privacy Law 2017 on Wednesday, October 11, 2017.
This must-attend complimentary half-day morning seminar will update you on recent trends, issues and case law related to employment, labour, human rights and privacy law. Guests will receive up-to-the-minute information that will be equally valuable to both line management and human resource practitioners.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Tax implications in the employment relationship – Michael Coburn
- Ontario & Alberta Employment Standards reforms and how they may impact British Columbia – Christopher Pigott and J. Alexandra MacCarthy
- Privacy 2017: Lessons from the Courts and the Regulators – Keri L. Bennett
- Immigration Update: New Programs to bring Foreign Talent into Canada - Cindy Switzer
- Arbitration Hearings and Awards: Complexity and exposure to damages – Craig Munroe
- Deconstructing Constructive Dismissal: Navigating change in today’s workplace - Matthew Larsen
- Occupational Health prosecutions – Richard Savage
- Update on Human Rights Law – David G. Wong and Gosia Piasecka
- 7:30 am – 8:00 am | Registration, Networking & Continental Breakfast
- 8:00 am – 12:00 pm | Seminar Presentations
Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR)
This event may fit Continuing Professional Development requirements for the CPHR designation from the Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon (CPHR BC & Yukon). For more information visit cphrbc.ca.
Fasken Martineau is committed to decreasing our carbon footprint and will be providing materials electronically at this year’s seminar. Registrants will receive a confirmation email closer to the event to download their event package.
This is an in-person event.
This seminar is complimentary.
This seminar has been accredited by the Law Society of British Columbia for 3.50 CPD credits.
Event contactJustin Mui Marketing Events Specialist +1 604 631 3296