Employers across federally-regulated industries are transforming their businesses in order to compete in the “new economy.” At the same time, the federal labour and employment realms continue to change rapidly. In this Federal Sector Update, we will discuss recent changes to the federal landscape and will highlight how employers can adjust to the legal and practical changes underway.
Specific topics include:
- The Federal Court of Appeal’s recent decision on the duty to inspect locations that an employer does not control
- The latest word on the scope of a union’s representation rights under the Canada Labour Code
- Restoration of “card check” union certification and other legislative developments
- Significant labour and employment decisions
- 8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration and Breakfast
- 9:00 am - 10:30 am Seminar and Q&A
Note: The hours from this non-accredited seminar may be applied towards the 9 Substantive Hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) required by the Law Society of Upper Canada for Ongoing Members. Please note that this seminar is not accredited for Professionalism Hours and cannot be counted for New Members or for Professionalism Hours for Ongoing Members.
Videotaping Policy: During this event, Fasken Martineau will be videotaping and broadcasting to a live audience. You may be filmed as part of the audience and seen on screen and in the archived footage.
You can participate in this seminar on-line via webinar, or by attending in-person at our office in Toronto
This seminar is complimentary
Please fill in the form below