This half-day due diligence and legal update course provides managers and supervisors with a review of the Canada Labour Code, Part III, and provide effective tips regarding due diligence when implementing their organization's OHS management system. A number of current cases are reviewed allowing attendees to learn from actual legal decisions.
This course, designed by Norm Keith, B.A., J.D., LL.M., CRSP, a leading employment and labour lawyer and author of Canadian Health & Safety Law, will assist managers and supervisors to achieve due diligence. The course focuses on:
- OHS legislation
- Review of legal duties and responsibilities of workplace parties
- Authority and powers of the OHS Regulator
- Legal liability, penalties and fines
- Review of leading federal court decisions
- Implications of Bill C-45
- 8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration and Breakfast
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm Program
Managers, supervisors, OHS professionals, in-house legal counsel, human resource and operation managers.
This is an in-person course.
The cost of this seminar is $195 plus HST per registrant