Employers increasingly recognize that providing accessible workplaces for individuals with disabilities is critical to hiring and retaining talented employees. However, with new obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) every year and the corresponding duty to accommodate under human rights legislation, Ontario employers are devoting more time than ever before to accessibility policies, training and workplace accommodation. In this Accessibility Update, we will provide strategies for ensuring compliance with the new obligations under the AODA and for managing requests for accommodation by employees with disabilities.
In this seminar, we will address the following common questions:
- What does my organization need to do to file its 2017 AODA report?
- What are the 2017 requirements under the AODA?
- What are the limits on an employer’s duty to accommodate employees with disabilities?
- Do the “employment standards” under the AODA change the employer’s duty to accommodate?
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:30 am - 10:00 am Seminar and Q&A
Videotaping Policy: During this event, Fasken Martineau will be videotaping and broadcasting to a live audience. You may be filmed as part of the audience and seen on screen and in the archived footage.
You can participate in this seminar on-line via webinar, or by attending in-person at our office in Toronto
This seminar is complimentary
Please fill in the form below