It's official: the Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act, 2017 (more commonly referred to as “Bill 148”) has received Royal Assent and is now in force. As we have reported previously, Bill 148 makes a number of significant changes to the Employment Standards Act, 2000, the Labour Relations Act, 1995, and the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Many of the changes come into effect on January 1, 2018. As a result, employers across the Province of Ontario need to assess their current policies and practices to determine what changes, if any, will be required to comply with the amendments to existing employment standards, labour, and occupational health and safety legislation.
During this seminar we will:
- Highlight the key changes and implications of Bill 148
- Discuss employer strategies to address some long term implications of the law
- Review what practical changes should be made in workplaces to ensure compliance with the law
- Answer your questions about Bill 148
- 8:00 am to 8:30 am Registrant and Breakfast
- 8:30 am to 10:00 am Seminar and Q&A