The Occupational Health and Safety Act requires employers to establish a Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) at a workplace with 20 or more workers, or at a workplace that has a designated substance. The Act also requires that at least 2 members of the JHSC be certified in health and safety.
This Ministry of Labour approved JHSC Certification Part 1 training course is the first step in becoming a certified member. The course provides participants with the basic knowledge and skills necessary to become certified members by covering topics including:
- Occupational health and safety roles and responsibilities
- The internal and external responsibility systems
- Functions and powers of the JHSC
- Work refusals and work stoppages
- Hazard recognition, assessment, control and evaluation (RACE); and
- How to make effective recommendations to the employer
- 3 days
- 8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration and Breakfast
- 9:00 am - 4:00 pm Program
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Lunch (on your own)
Members of the JHSC requiring certification, managers, supervisors, and employees wanting to learn about OHS legal duties, accident prevention and the role of the JHSC.
This is an in-person only course.
This three day course costs $495 + HST per registrant.
A secured online payment link will be emailed after registration.