When an OHS Inspector/Officer arrives at the workplace, many employers and their managers do not know what their rights are. This seminar was designed specifically at the request of clients to understand their rights and responsibilities when an OHS Inspector/Officer arrives for a routine inspection, workplace complaint, work refusal, or an accident investigation.
The rights and responsibilities of employers and management when an OHS Inspector/ Officer arrives in this half-day seminar will include:
- Review of OHS Inspector/Officer's legal authority
- Understanding reporting obligations when there is a workplace accident or fatality
- Charter rights to be free from unreasonable search seizure
- Charter right to retain and instruct legal counsel
- OHS Inspector/Officer's power to issue orders
- Employer's right to appeal OHS Inspector/Officer's orders
- 1/2 day
- 8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration and Breakfast
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm Program
Managers, supervisors, OHS professionals in-house legal counsel and business owners.
This is an in-person only course.
This three day course costs $195 + HST per registrant.
A secured online payment link will be emailed after registration.