Employers in Canada are increasingly faced with litigation from departing employees which involve claims for additional damages aside from traditional wrongful dismissal damages related to the sufficiency of notice of termination. Indeed, it is now common for employers to see claims for human rights, aggravated and punitive damages in employment. In this seminar, we will delve into a review of these damages and highlight how employers can avoid and defend against these claims.
In this session, we will:
- Review the different types of damages that employees frequently claim, namely human rights, aggravated and punitive damages;
- Discuss the circumstances in which a court will award such damages;
- Examine high-watermark awards;
- Consider recent decisions from Canadian courts; and
- Tackle the do’s and don’ts for avoiding claims for these damages.
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:30 am - 10:00 am Seminar and Q&A
Videotaping Policy: During this event, Fasken will be videotaping and broadcasting to a live audience. You may be filmed as part of the audience and seen on screen and in the archived footage.
You can participate in this seminar on-line via webinar, or by attending in-person at our office in Toronto
This seminar is complimentary
Please RSVP by filling in the form below
Event contactAndrea Tulloch Marketing Events Specialist +1 416 868 3329