People who identify as trans – including but not limited to transgender and gender non-confirming – have protections in the workplace by virtue of human rights legislation. This session will help employers learn how to support employees of trans experience in ways that promote diversity, dignity and open communication.
Specific topics include:
- The legislative landscape
- Understanding gender identity and gender expression
- Your responsibilities as an employer
- What does a transitioning employee need in the workplace – names/pronouns, washrooms and changing areas, dress codes/uniforms, privacy, etc.
- Designing a transition plan – when and how to share information in the workplace
- A mother’s story of supporting her child in transition
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:30 am - 10:00 am Seminar and Q&A
Videotaping Policy: During this event, Fasken will be videotaping and broadcasting to a live audience. You may be filmed as part of the audience and seen on screen and in the archived footage.
You can participate in this seminar on-line via webinar, or by attending in-person at our office in Toronto
This seminar is complimentary
Please RSVP by filling in the form below
Event contactAndrea Tulloch Marketing Events Specialist +1 416 868 3329