Have further questions or looking for materials? Please contact any of our speakers listed below.
Perceptions of marijuana have changed dramatically. What was once an illegal drug is now a recognized medical treatment and on October 17, 2018 it will also be a legal recreational activity in Canada. Employers are struggling to adapt to the impact of these changes on the workplace, particularly since technology to measure impairment has not kept pace with changing perceptions.
This seminar will address the legal issues and relevant case law, specific to drugs in the workplace, including occupational health and safety and human rights considerations. We will also highlight how employers can practically manage marijuana-related issues in this changing legal landscape.
Specific topics include:
- The legalization of marijuana for recreational use and applicable laws across Canada
- Dealing with workers who have an authorized medical marijuana license
- Drug testing considerations, including when and how to test
- Determining impairment and appropriate employer response
- Implementation of a Fit for Duty Policy to address marijuana legalization
- Training for Managers and Supervisors
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:30 am - 10:00 am Seminar and Q&A
Videotaping Policy: During this event, Fasken will be videotaping and broadcasting to a live audience. You may be filmed as part of the audience and seen on screen and in the archived footage.
You can participate in this seminar on-line via webinar, or by attending in-person at our office in Toronto
This seminar is complimentary
Please RSVP by filling in the form below