Federal labour and employment law is experiencing a period of dramatic change, resulting from legislative reform of labour standards and significant decisions from the courts and tribunals. In this Federal Sector Update, we will discuss recent and proposed legal changes and will highlight how federal employers can best adapt their policies and practices to ensure legal compliance.
Specific topics include:
- The upcoming appeal in the Supreme Court of Canada of the Federal Court of Appeal’s recent decision on the duty to inspect locations that an employer does not control
- Actual and proposed changes to labour standards under the Canada Labour Code to promote ‘work life balance’
- The new regulatory framework to address workplace harassment and violence
- Significant decisions from the Canada Industrial Relations Board
- 8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration and Breakfast
- 9:00 am - 10:30 am Seminar and Q&A
Videotaping Policy: During this event, Fasken will be videotaping and broadcasting to a live audience. You may be filmed as part of the audience and seen on screen and in the archived footage.
You can participate in this seminar on-line via webinar, or by attending in-person at our office in Toronto
Webinar Recording: If you are unable to attend the session but wish to receive the webinar recording, please register for the webinar. The recording will be sent via email post-event.
This seminar is complimentary
Please RSVP by filling in the form below