Perceptions of marijuana have changed dramatically. What was once an illegal drug is now a recognized medical treatment and on October 17, 2018 it became a legal recreational activity in Canada. Employers are struggling to adapt to the impact of these changes on the workplace, particularly since technology to measure impairment has not kept pace with changing perceptions.
This seminar will address the legal issues and relevant case law, specific to drugs in the workplace, including occupational health and safety and human rights considerations. We will also highlight how employers can practically manage marijuana-related issues in this changing legal landscape.
Specific topics include:
- The legalization of marijuana for recreational use and applicable laws across Canada
- Dealing with workers who have an authorized medical marijuana license
- Drug testing considerations, including when and how to test
- Determining impairment and appropriate employer response
- Implementation of a Fit for Duty Policy to address marijuana legalization
- Training for Managers and Supervisors
- 16:00 - 16:30 EST Registration
- 16:30 - 18:00 EST Seminar and Reception
This seminar is complimentary
This is an in-person seminar only
Please RSVP by filling in the form below