Appeals before the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal (WSIAT) can be complex. Effective preparation is key to a successful appeal.
This half-day seminar will provide participants with an overview of the appeal systems at the WSIB Appeals Services Branch and the WSIAT. The seminar will review relevant forms, timelines for submission, and will provide practical tips on how to manage an appeal and respond to worker appeals from the time of initial notification to the time of the hearing.
- 1/2 day
- 8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration and Breakfast
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm Program
OHS managers, human resources managers, risk managers, health and safety committee members, and senior operations managers.
This is an in-person only course.
This half day course costs $195 + HST per registrant.
A secured online payment link will be emailed after registration.
- No refunds or credits for no shows
- No refunds or credits for cancelations less than 48 hours before a course
- Participants can request a one-time deferral and the credit must be used before the end of the calendar year. Requests for a deferral must be made 48 hours prior to the start of the course. If the course is only offered once that year, the credit can be applied to another OHS course within that same calendar year
- In the event that Fasken cancels a course, the participant can choose either a credit or a refund for the course amount