Our annual lobbying law update includes a special focus on a new election law that regulates activity by organizations and businesses. Our seminar also highlights dramatic developments in lobbying law—and new interpretations by regulators at the federal, provincial, territorial, and municipal levels of government.
Government relations is a regulated activity. The rules are complex and varied. Enforcement is real. And—CEOs are liable. Lobbying laws create compliance risks for businesses, organizations and consultants. Are you in compliance?
Federal election law creates additional compliance risks. Effective June 30, businesses and organizations will engage in regulated activity if they conduct partisan advertising, partisan activities or election surveys. Once the election period begins merely communicating about a policy issue may be a regulated activity. Does your organization understand its rights and obligations?
Fasken is Canada’s leader in legal advice and representation on lobbying law compliance and other aspects of political law. This exclusive presentation, delivered by the country's leading legal experts on lobbying law, provides an in-depth focus on new developments. It will help you ensure your business or organization is compliance-focused.
Date/location don’t work for you? Check our June 24th seminar in Toronto.
Topics to be covered
- Federal lobbying law update
- Provincial, territorial and municipal updates
- Analysis of recent case law
- Focus on grassroots lobbying
- Enforcement trends across the country
- Sweeping new election rules: Third party restrictions that apply before and during federal election campaigns
- Lobbying law compliance: a public office holder’s perspective
- Protect the CEO: Internal policies and processes to achieve and to maintain compliance
- Gifts and hospitality to public office holders
Who should attend
- Business leaders
- Government relations executives and managers
- In-house counsel
- Staff and directors of non-profit associations
- Public affairs consultants
What People are saying
Click to read what people say about Guy Giorno and previous Fasken Lobbying Law Seminars
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:30 am – 11:00 am Presentation with Q&A
- 11:00 am – 11:30 am One-on-one follow up with presenters (optional)
Please RSVP by June 13, 2019
The cost of this seminar is $49+HST. The cost includes materials, breakfast, and an expert presentation.
An invoice will be sent via email upon completion of registration.