You’re invited to a seminar covering the important aspects of the Carbon Tax Act which came into effect on 1 June 2019.
Panel members include specialists:
Sharlin Hemraj, Director: Environment & Fuel Taxes, National Treasury; Jacques Harris, CI Group; and Mandy Momberg, MD CarbEnviro Services; and moderated by Fasken’s Environmental Practice Group Head, Francois Joubert.
The seminar will focus on:
- The implementation of the Carbon Tax Act from a practical perspective- how will it work and what does it mean for emitters?
- Who in a company is responsible for ensuring compliance with the Carbon Tax Act, and what liability risks are attached to this responsibility?
- Calculating the carbon tax- making sense of existing DEA approved emission factors as supposed to instances where companies must determine the tax base themselves.
- The submission of the first “carbon tax returns” to SARS by 31 December 2019- what do emitters need to do?
- What is the likely impact post the initial, 3 year tax-free emission allowances phase?
- Ensuring compliance with both the Carbon Tax Act and the Customs and Excise Act
- The interactive role of SARS, National Treasury and the Department of Environmental Affairs.