Fasken’s Tax group invites you to attend a complimentary breakfast seminar on Tuesday, November 26, 2019. This seminar is the second in Fasken's Seminar Series in Surrey.
This seminar will be of interest to business owners and executives in Surrey and the Fraser Valley.
Join us in person, or via live webcast, to learn about significant tax issues that could affect private corporations and their shareholders. Our lawyers will aim to give business owners an idea of the opportunities available for small businesses under current Canadian tax laws and the problems that may arise along the way. The discussion will include:
- A general outline of tax rules that small business owners should be mindful of in 2019, including a discussion on the lifetime capital gains exemption, income splitting, and stock options; and
- What to do if the CRA audits or assesses your business – an overview of the audit, objection and appeal process, and common pitfalls for businesses under the CRA’s current assessment policies and procedures.
- 7:30 am - 8:00 am | Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 8:00 am - 9:00 am | Presentation
- 9:00 am - 9:30 am | Presenters available for Q&A
Stay tuned for more information on our seminar series lineup including information from our Intellectual Property and Corporate/Commercial Groups.
You can participate in this seminar on-line via webinar, or by attending in-person at the Civic Hotel.
Webinar Recording: If you are unable to attend the session but wish to receive the webinar recording, please register for the webinar. The recording will be sent via email post-event.
This seminar is complimentary.