You’ve asked and we’ve answered! “Workplace Violence” was one of the most requested topics for discussion for Fasken’s Labour Employment & Human Rights Breakfast Seminars in 2020. In this seminar, we will provide employers with practical insights on recent legislative amendments, tips for workplace investigations, and discuss new and noteworthy trends in approaching violence in the workplace. This panel from Fasken draws on the significant expertise of Erin Porter, previous in-house counsel for one of Canada’s largest retirement and long term care home providers, and Carla Oliver, a seasoned Occupational Health and Safety and Human Resources Consultant.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Domestic Abuse and the Employer's Legal Responsibilities
- Violence in the Healthcare Sector
- Expansion of Federal Employer Obligations in Preventing Workplace Violence and Harassment under the Canada Labour Code
- Two Years After #MeToo—Trends in Workplace Investigations
- Translating Legislative Requirements into Active Compliance; and
- Practical Tips in Managing Internal and External (MOL) Investigations
Videotaping Policy: During this event, Fasken will be videotaping and broadcasting to a live audience. You may be filmed as part of the audience and seen on screen and in the archived footage.
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:30 am - 10:00 am Seminar and Q&A
You can participate in this seminar on-line via webinar, or by attending in-person at our office in Toronto.
Materials and Webinar Recording: If you are unable to attend the event but wish to receive the materials and webinar recording, please click the "Materials and Webinar Recording" option at bottom of this page.
This seminar is complimentary.