We live in a time when an employee’s public comments or actions can quickly ‘go viral,’ potentially creating immediate and harmful consequences for an organization. These days, an organization often has mere minutes to protect its brand reputation and no choice but to manage the employment relationship.
In this session, we will discuss real-life examples to guide you on the following:
- The legal framework governing an employee’s off-duty communications and actions, including:
- what immediate steps employers should take to address controversial off-duty conduct;
- when off-duty conduct can warrant discipline;
- when legislation may impact an employer’s right to discipline an employee;
- the role of workplace policies; and
- how to determine the appropriate level of discipline.
- How to manage the controversy from a public relations and crisis management perspective.
- Applying the legal framework and public relations strategies to real-life examples
Access to the BC Symposium 2020 videos is by invite-only. If you are interested in signing up, please contact Justin Mui.