Mining projects often have long time-horizons, are capital-intensive, and require agreements with both private and public parties. As such, mining projects are susceptible to many potential sources of dispute.
This seminar will address common types of disputes that can arise during the course of a mining project, and how international arbitration can be used to resolve such disputes.
Specific topics include:
- Identifying key areas of risk: commercial disputes, expropriation, and environmental and social concerns
- The advantages of international arbitration
- A discussion of key arbitration decisions
- Tina Cicchetti, Arbitrator, Cicchetti Arbitration
- Greg McKenzie, Chairman & CEO, Maritime Iron
- 11:00 - 12:30 ET Webinar and Q&A
This webinar is complimentary
This event is only available by webinar
This programme contains a total of 16 sessions with 24 hours of accredited content for the purposes of the Law Society of British Columbia’s annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements. The session has been loaded as part of a series, titled Fasken’s PDAC 2021: Toronto Mining Conference Series – March 2021 and will be available for claiming through the LSBC CPD website as of March 12, 2021.
A confirmation of participation will be sent to you for your continuing education hours with the Barreau du Québec.
For CPD/CLE in other jurisdictions, please contact your local Law Society.