Fasken invites you to attend our complimentary webinar on Thursday, May 20, 2021, as a part of our Seminar Series in Surrey. This seminar will be of interest to business owners and executives in Surrey and the Fraser Valley.
Join us via live webcast as our lawyers provide an overview of current tax rules for small businesses and potential planning opportunities that are available as well as pitfalls to be avoided.
The discussion will include:
- An overview of the current tax rules that small business owners should be aware of, including a summary of certain COVID-19 relief measures, the lifetime capital gains exemption, and income splitting;
- Recent tax changes introduced in the 2021 Federal Budget and their impact on small businesses, as well as a discussion about what was not introduced; and
- A discussion of the CRA audit process, and recent audit activity of particular relevance for small businesses and their owners.
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm | Presentation
- 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm | Presenters available for Q&A