Issues relating to human rights and discrimination, in the best of times, are complex and challenging for organizations to navigate and appropriately respond to. The COVID-19 global pandemic has significantly increased that complexity and those challenges.
To help keep your organization informed and prepared to take on these challenges, Fasken's Labour, Employment and Human Rights group invites you to attend the third session in our “2021, The Year in Review” Premier Webinar Series, focused on Human Rights, presented by our leading human rights lawyers from across Canada. During this live webinar, we will review significant human rights decisions, trends and issues facing organizations across Canada, and discuss what organizations can and should expect and plan for in the future.
Specific topics include:
- Vaccines and the grounds of religion, disability, and political belief
- Mandatory vaccination policies: unlawful discrimination vs. legitimate enforcement of rules
- Language matters: pronouns and discrimination
- Systemic discrimination: lessons from the Fraser decision
- Family status discrimination and accommodation in the context of returns to the workplace
- The continuing trend of increasing human rights damages
- 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm ET / 11:00 am - 12:30 pm PT - Presentation and Q&A
Other webinars in the series
- 2021, The Year in Review: Federal Sector - November 2
- 2021, The Year in Review: Employment Litigation - November 9
- 2021, The Year in Review: Labour Relations - November 23
All of the webinars in the "2021, The Year in Review" series are only available in English.
Materials and Webinar Recording: If you are unable to attend the webinar but wish to receive the materials and webinar recording after, please click the "Materials and Webinar Recording" option at bottom of this page.
This programme contains 1.75 hours of accredited content for the purposes of the Law Society of British Columbia’s annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements. The session has been loaded as part of a series, titled Fasken’s Year in Review Webinar Series – November 2021 and will be available for claiming through the LSBC CPD website as of November 23, 2021.
A confirmation of participation will be sent to you for your continuing education hours with the Barreau du Québec.
For CPD/CLE in other jurisdictions, please contact your local Law Society.