In this session, we will review the status of “disconnecting from work” requirements for employers, including policies and other implications on hours of work, place of work, and overtime considerations.
We will discuss:
- Ontario’s new policy requirements on disconnecting from work
- The February 2022 Final Report of the Right to Disconnect Advisory Committee for the federal government
- Disconnecting from work policies in other jurisdictions
- Considerations in drafting a workplace policy on disconnecting from work
- Implications and considerations on remote work, hours of work, and overtime
- Employer obligations with respect to the hours employees are working
- 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm ET / 11:00 am - 12:30 pm PT Webinar and Q&A
This webinar is complimentary
This programme contains 1.5 hours of accredited content for the purposes of the Law Society of British Columbia’s annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements. The session has been loaded with the LSBC and is titled “Fasken’s Disconnecting from Work – New, Old, and Potential Considerations for Employers - May 2022”. It is available for claiming through your LSBC Member Portal.
A confirmation of participation will be sent to you for your continuing education hours with the Barreau du Québec.
For CPD/CLE in other jurisdictions, please contact your local Law Society.