In-person attendance available in Toronto only.
Employers across federally-regulated industries are transforming their businesses in order to compete in the “new economy.” At the same time, the federal labour and employment realms are changing rapidly. In this Federal Sector Update, we will discuss recent changes to the federal landscape and will highlight how employers can adjust to the legal and practical changes underway in the federal sphere.
Specific topics include:
- New union certification / decertification regime
- New procedures and principles for “unjust dismissals”
- Developments in collective bargaining and the regulation of work stoppages
- Developments at the Canada Industrial Relations Board
- 8:30 am – 9:00 am Registration and Breakfast
- 9:00 am – 10:30 am Presentation and Q&A