When reviewing and drafting material terms in commercial contracts there are many pitfalls even for those lawyers having significant drafting and commercial experience. This presentation will address some of the common issues in-house counsel face when drafting and reviewing commercial agreements. This Fasken panel will also examine certain nuances of commercial provisions that in-house counsel should be aware of when commenting on corporate agreements.
In particular, this session will focus on:
- How to draft effective dispute resolution clauses
- Things to keep in mind when choosing the governing law in multi-jurisdictional deals
- Best practices and market trends when drafting indemnity provisions
- The differences to take note of when drafting vendor non-compete and employment non-compete agreements
- Key principles and considerations when preparing independent contractor agreements
This program is eligible for up to 1 Substantive Hour