Janet is a corporate transactional lawyer whose practice focuses on the areas of natural resources and renewable energy. She is co-founder of the firm’s hydrogen energy advisory team (H2EAT). Janet advises international clients engaged in complex corporate finance, merger and acquisition and private equity transactions.
She has recently assisted clients: identify supplies of renewal energy to produce hydrogen; advance efforts to blend hydrogen into natural gas pipelines; secure offtake agreements for the supply of hydrogen and finance the deployment of electrolyzers and the development of hydrogen power generators.
She has provided strategic and trusted counsel to executives, boards of directors, shareholders and investment dealers in connection with: various seed, preferred share and private placement financings; joint venture, limited partnership and shareholder agreements and structures and several private and public company M&A transactions.
Janet is called to the bar in Ontario and New York and is a member of the firm’s China practice group.
Janet has recently represented:
- an engineering firm in the expansion of its operations to include hydrogen energy supply and logistics services and negotiating hydrogen gas supply agreements;
- a Canadian electrolyzer manufacturer in its private placement financing, corporate reorganization and negotiation of joint venture arrangements with a strategic industry partner;
- Zijin Mining on its share purchase agreement with Freeport-McMoran to acquire the lower zone of the Timok copper and gold mine in Serbia for up to US$390 million;
- Amani Gold in connection with its joint ventures with La Societe Miniere de Kilo-Moto SA to develop the Gada Gold Project and the Giro Gold Project in the Democratic Republic of Congo;
- Zijin Mining in connection with its equity investment of US$50 million, alongside China-based CITIC Metal’s US$459 million equity investment in Ivanhoe Mines;
- Zijin Mining in connection with its friendly take over bid to acquire Nevsun Resources for C$1.86 billion; and
- Sibanye Gold Limited in its US$500 million gold and palladium streaming agreement with Wheaton Precious Metals Corp.